Two week course: 27th – 31st July & 24 – 28th August 2020
Give your child the edge this summer by booking them onto our Eleven Plus Intensive Revision Courses for the 2020 exams. Our teaching methods and resources help pupils prepare for the Tiffin tests, Barnet papers and are specific to the CEM University of Durham Eleven Plus exams, for the Slough Consortium.
Our revision courses are designed to cover the KS2 curriculum, build speed and accuracy, consolidate knowledge and develop examination techniques. We also believe it is essential that we build self-confidence and motivation which, in our experience, results in strong academic performance in the actual examinations.
During our intensive revision sessions, our tutors help consolidate key topics within the general 11 + subject areas ie. Maths, English Comprehension / Literacy Skills, story writing, VR and NVR. The techniques and concepts we cover are specific to the final exams the students will be sitting this year. Through these revision sessions, students will be able to fine tune their learning, giving them the edge a few weeks prior to the exam.
Summer course outline
Our summer intensive programme will run for two weeks (Mon-Friday, from 10am to 3pm) in the Summer holidays. Week 1 runs from Monday 27th July to Friday 31st July 2020. Pupils will have a three week break and join us again for Week 2 which runs from August 24th until August 28th. Pupils will also receive a summer holiday homework pack in which they will be given a schedule to follow with learning materials, work sheets and past papers to work on at home during the break between week 1 and week 2. Three mock exams are included for pupils who take part in the summer course, at no additional cost.
As the course runs from 10am to 3pm daily during the dates above, pupils are expected to bring a packed lunch. Some light snacks for breaks are permitted (although we request you to avoid anything that contains nuts).
Why attend our revision course this summer?
- Targeted preparation just before the real exams
- Improves examination techniques and builds confidence
- Our mock tests allow pupils to experience a real examination environment
- Mock exams cater for Barnet papers, CEM tests (for Slough) and for the Tiffin schools.
- Last minute revision to build and reinforce pupil understanding of key concepts
- Builds speed & accuracy to enable pupils to manage their learning and time effectively during the actual tests
- Also suitable for children who have had very little or no 11+ tutoring during the year
- Competitively priced programme